When you register your new vehicle, you’re automatically insured for basic plate insurance through SGI Canada. If you’re seeking some extra peace of mind, consider purchasing auto extension insurance* with an SGI Auto Pak. In addition to regular vehicles, SGI Auto Paks can cover trailers, campers, special interest vehicles, motor homes, snowmobiles and motorcycles.
We’re happy to help you find the coverage to suit your individual needs, and in the event of an accident or damage, we’re here to assist you with the claims process. We’re also pleased to offer commercial auto insurance, to serve your business needs.
Here are just a few benefits of upgrading your coverage to an SGI Auto Pak:
- Extra liability coverage: Basic plate insurance covers you for $200,000 in liability, while Auto Pak liability coverage starts at $1 million, and is available up to $5 million.
- Decreased deductible: You’ll have the option to choose a deductible that suits your own financial situation – from $700 to as low as $50. Basic plate insurance comes with a $700 deductible.
- Waiver of deductible: In the event of an accident with an animal, or damage due to fire, lightning or theft your deductible is waived if you purchase collision and comprehensive coverage on your Auto Pak.
- Family coverage: Your family members are covered if injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver (certain limits and exclusions apply).
- Coverage for non-owned vehicles: Need to borrow a friend’s car? Renting a car on your next vacation? Depending on your coverage, Auto Pak may have you covered when you drive a non-owned vehicle in Canada and the United States.
- Loss of use coverage: With this optional coverage you’ll be eligible for rental and other transportation costs when your vehicle is in the shop due to an insured loss.
- Road hazard glass coverage: If your vehicle is damaged by a stone or other object thrown up from the road or that has fallen from another vehicle while driving, road hazard glass coverage will cover the cost to fix or repair the glass on your vehicle.
Want to learn more about the benefits of SGI Canada’s Auto Pak? Visit SGI Canada’s website for more information, or give us a call and we’ll happily meet with you to discuss your options.
*If you have an Auto Pak through Mann Agencies it’s important to notify us if you change your vehicle or your licence plate number.